Do I Have a Problem with Sexual Addiction?
Sexual addiction is a treatable condition when you are sure there is a problem. If you have any questions
about your sexual acting out behavior, the following are ten signs of sexual addiction* that could indicate
*From Don't Call It Love, by Patrick Carnes, Ph.D.
- Pattern of out of control sexual behavior.
- Severe consequences due to sexual behavior.
- Inablilty to stop despite adverse consequences.
- Persistent pursuit of self-destructive or high-risk behavior.
- Ongoing desire or effort to limit sexual behavior.
- Sexual obsession and fantasy as a primary coping strategy.
- Increasing amounts of sexual experience because the current level of activity is no longer sufficient.
- Severe mood changes around sexual activity.
- Inordinate amounts of time spent in obtaining sex, being sexual, or recovering from sexual experience.
- Neglect of important social, occupational or recreational activities because of sexual behavior.
For evaluations and follow up treatment, contact Robert L. Fuhlrodt at 973-746-6928 or via email.